Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week 1

Hello all. Things at the MTC have been pretty good so far. The first day was super long and hard but I made it through. The MTC has been quite an experience. When I started I was in a companionship of three but not long into the day we got an extra person whose had their name misspelled on their visa so they could not go to the Mexico MTC. My companion is super cool and he is really nice. His name is Elder Craig. The other 2 elders in my room are awesome as well. Just the other day we tried to see how much of Nacho Libre we could quote......needless to say it was almost the whole movie. Spanish has been pretty hard and it doesn't help when they expect you to teach your first lesson only 3 days in. Luckily enough I have a really good teacher. She is only 22, which means she is younger than one of her students, but she went to the Argentina MTC and she went to Uruguay. Which she said was almost exactly like Argentina. In my District which has 10 people who all go to the same class there are 5 going to Salta Argentina with me. Also in my class there was another Elder Black and it confused the teacher a lot. But the other Elder Black spoke German as his second language so he starts switching from Spanish in the middle of his sentences. The MTC keeps people really busy. Which is good and bad. It seems like I have been here both forever and not very long at the same time. The food here has been so so but at least I am not going hungry and today I got 2 maple bars and a chocolate milk for breakfast. Once again everyone ask how I can eat so much junk and still be so skinny. Sorry for the short letter but I am limited on time. Also sorry for anyone I missed if you can think of their email address I can send it too them as well.
Miss and love you guys all lots, 
Elder Black
Provo Temple

My District

View from Provo Temple


View from MTC