Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week 3

Hola todos, como estan? I love getting emails from everyone and I love hearing how things are in the outside world. I miss everyone a lot, but I am doing well in the MTC. My Spanish is progressing and I can hold a conversation as long as it is about the gospel or very simple things. I will give an example near the bottom. This week has been pretty boring and normal so I will try to come up with some things that sound interesting. Alright here it goes. The most exciting thing that happened this week was that I got 2 packages from my parents. One had a bunch of candy and one had winter stuff and some pocket knives for me and my room mates. Getting mail is one of the best and most exciting parts of the MTC.  I have now officially fallen asleep during one of the personal study times but luckily it has only happened once, but it still isn't a good thing to do. There were some good pictures drawn on the board this week by my district. One is a depiction of Alma from the Book of Mormon, one is a picture of a "fatling" farm. One of the kids in my district thought fatling mean fat little children and he was confused about a scripture so he decided to draw it. And one was just of an epic battle between a dragon and a bass. Now that I have been here for 3 weeks I now have to teach 2 lessons a day most of the days. That is a bit overwhelming but I am getting pretty good at the first few lessons. It has snowed 2-3 times this week but it is almost all melted as I write this today. I have been running 1 to 3 mile a day which has been great but I am not doing well with the high altitude so I am always out of breath. Our resident halls have been getting quiet since no new missionaries have come since I have got here. But one thing has been worrying me because a lot of missionaries haven't been getting their visas and they have to go to Salt Lake for a couple of weeks while waiting for it to come in. Tomorrow we get 2 new districts and I get to help host and show them around which is going to be fun. I am sad because I think I am starting to get sick because I have a sore throat, but I am just glad it is happening now and not right before I leave. If anyone has any questions just email me and I can get back to you on Tuesdays.
And here is a taste of my Spanish (there are no accents so google translate might not work)
Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador. El ama nostoros and mediante El familias pueden ser juntos para siempre. 
Love you all lot and miss you all so much
Elder Black 

Dragon and Bass Drawing

"Fatling" Drawing

Package from Dad

Alma Drawing


Winter Stuff & Knife package