Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 5

I was wishing I could have emailed everyone earlier but oh well. I think this may be the last time I email before I am 5,500 miles away in Argentina. Wow that seems a lot further now that I wrote it out. Thanks everyone who sent me pictures, packages, and emails. I really appreciate them. My emails may be getting shorter because I will have less time to write when I am in Argentina, but don't worry I still love everyone. I will try not to neglect anyone. This week has been pretty crazy and awesome. On Tuesday night Elder Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke about the importance of the Book of Mormon in what we do as missionaries. It is the first gift of this dispensation. At the end of his talk he gave everyone at the MTC a blessing and that was super powerful. Wednesday was pretty boring and average but I did get to listen to Elder Black (the other one not me) teach the class about the evolution of mid-evil weapons and helmets. That was pretty darn interesting. He also got a deck of magic cards that have been keeping us entertained at night. We finally got our TRC to take a Book of Mormon which was cool. I just got taught subjunctive in Spanish and I realize that everyone has been talking like 2 year olds for the past 6 weeks. On Thursday I finally hit the one month mark which astounds me. I feel like I have been here both for forever and for not nearly long enough. My companion and I got to teach a lesson though skype to someone who lives in Espania (Spain). That was amazing because it was a real person not just someone pretending to be an investigator. It really helped remind me why I am serving a mission, which it to bring the light and gospel I have in my life to others. I got two packages one from each grandparent. On Friday my parents sent me a Christmas tree so I decorated my room and everything looks really pretty. I also got my flight plans on Friday and I leave the 27th at 2pm. The flight plans just made everything so much more real. Saturday was pretty boring, but on Sunday some cool stuff happened. My district sang "If You Could hie to Kolob" at sacrament meeting and everyone sang the good by song "hasta Ver" (Until we meet again) to us a week early because there is a special sacrament meeting this week. That night we had a devotional by the Piano Guys. If you haven't heard them you should look them up. They all came and bore their testimonies about the importance of missionary work and stuff and then they preformed a couple of songs for us. I also met a Spanish speaking Hermana that is going to Vancouver, so Dwayne and Mel if you meet a Hermana Spencer She might remember me from the MTC. Well I love you all so much and miss you more than you can imagine. Oh I got to clean the temple today and that was amazing we got to see the rooms all taken apart.
Yo se que este iglesia es verdad, y mediante este inglesia nuestos familias pueden vivir juntos para siempre. Amo ustedes mucho.
Elder Black

My candy corn army that I created.

My flight plans

My Christmas tree and presents

All the candy I have amassed from leaving Elders and family members

The awesome shirt I bought

My flight plans