Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Week 6

LAST WEEK AT THE MTC!!!!!!!!
So awesome and scary at the same time. I just want to thank everyone so much for the Christmas gifts. It means so much to me that you are all thinking of me. I am think of structuring these email a bit different so bear with me. 
Tuesday-
I got to help clean the temple instead of doing a session and it was not near as nice as it sounds. We spent 3 hours cleaning lockers, but I was glad to help. I had a devotional by Elder Swick about the light of Christ and how we need to reflect it to others.
Wednesday-
This is a literal quote from my journal "The days are getting boring I don't have much to write about"
Thursday-
I broke my first pair of glasses playing basketball today and that was sucky but luckily they were my cheap pair. I got a whole bunch of spices in a package because I have been told there is no spices in Argentina. It was one of my teachers (Hermano Ricks) last day so we got some photos as a district with him. He was a really great teacher and it is sad to see him leave.
Friday- We had infield orientation today which consisted of them teaching us what to do for the part of being a missionary that is just not teaching lessons. Like contacting people and working with the members. I began packing today but there isn't much I could do because I still have a bunch of clothes to wash. 
Saturday-
It didn't feel like Christmas eve at all. It was strange not spending the time with my family but it wasn't too bad. I got a package full of random stuff from my dad's shop. That was a bit strange. I liked Saturdays in the MTC because I got an hour of study time in bed. There was a live nativity put on and that was really comforting to watch it reminded me of how as a family we would always read about the birth of Jesus on Christmas eve right before bed. I also found out that I didn't know how to spell either of my parents middle names. 
Sunday-
It was Christmas and it was snowy. It snowed all thought the night and most of the day to give me a nice white Christmas. I opened up some presents. There was a devotional by Dallin H. oaks that was nifty. His family came and preformed a lot of musical numbers for us and they were really good. The sacrament meeting was just one huge meeting with all the missionaries sitting in the gym rather than in their individual chapels. To end it all though there was a really cool evening devotional where David Archeleta came and preformed for almost 2 hours for us. He is so good at singing. Then afterwards I got to shake his hand.
Monday-
 I spent most of Monday packing my bags which I now hope the scale at the MTC isn't very much different then the one at the airport. I found out that I only get a 17 lb. checked bag in Argentina so that made the weight even more difficult. I got to help teach some 3 weekers (I have been here 6) and it was astounding how different there Spanish was from mine. It really made me feel better about leaving. I know it is going to be hard but the rate in which we learn is astounding. 
I miss everyone so much and I love you all. 
Elder Black
My branch presidency
Branch presidency

Branch presidency

Me with my district and Hermano Rick

Mini Harmonica Christmas present


Christmas present

The beautiful snow on Christmas day!

The Mini-copter present

My companion sleeping while doing laundry

Beautiful Christmas day

The trash can after my district of 8 cleaned their rooms.


Another fun Christmas present