Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 10

So I swear that  Argentina is literally a reenactment of the studio C 2 guys on a scooter movie. I have seen one with 5 people on it. This has been really good and for those of you who didn't know my birthday was on Sunday and it was a little strange to be turning 19. Oh well now for my week.

Tuesday
I went on splits with E Mejia and we had 2 members come with us but then we had the problem that we only had 3 bikes for 4 people but we made it work out in the end.
Wednesday
So I had kidneys for lunch today and they were not very appealing. They were chewy and had a weird texture and taste but I ate them all. We taught 6 lessons today and I felt like I spoke a lot in most of the lessons besides the one where I knew exactly nothing of what was being said for a complete hour.
Thursday 
Weekly planning....... yep this still isn't very fun but I made it through unscathed today. We have one investigator who is progressing really well he reads a lot in the scriptures. We spent a lot of our day today contacting new people which I am really bad at but it actually went well today.
Friday
We had to take E Barbozas bike to the shop today because he really screwed it up. Needed a new front derailleur. Then we had a service project where we cut grass with machetes which was pretty fun but what took 4 people 2 hours to do could have been done with in 30 minutes with a weed whacker. We had the most colorful meal of the mission today and E Barboza broke his newly fixed bike again, which is strange because I ride my bike a lot harder than he does and I haven't broken anything yet.
Saturday
Elders Mejias and Dobson both ate really hot peppers today and had to drink an entire blender full of banana milkshake each. We had a crazy good morning with 3 lessons before 3 but then in the afternoon almost all of our appointments fell though and we ended up riding around the entirety of our area, Also I had what are supposedly the best empanadas in Salta and I ate like 15 of them.
Sunday 
Well it was my first birthday in the field and I got water ballooned by the other elders and I opened my presents from the MTC. We had one investigator come to church and 2 really awesome lessons in the afternoon. I also ate an entire bag of yummy cookies for lunch, so all in all it was a pretty good birthday. 
Well I just want to end by bearing my testimony that this church is true and that there is some real power in the Book of Mormon and if you read a little bit each day you will be able to see the blessings in your life.
Love everyone lots and miss you all so much,
Elder Black 
And now for some pictures



Happy Birthday!

Egg and flouring on my birthday by my roommates.