Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 7

 Hola, first I would like to apologize if I don't reply to everyone's letters. I had over 25 emails when I logged on. Alright so this is how my week went

Tuesday and Wednesday....a 2 day special
I combined these day because I never really slept much during this time. By the time I went to bed on wed. I had slept for only about 4 of the 38 I had been awake. I took 3 planes, 3 trains, 4 buses, and 5 airports. The immigration office was really hard because they were trying to ask me stuff in Spanish and I had no idea what to do or say. It really hit me that I was in Argentina when the "stop" signs said Pare rather than Stop. I had dinner at the mission presidents house and it was really good. All the food so far has been really good.
Thursday
I started the day out with visa paper work and Argentinian doughnuts. Then I sat around and waited for my train. I got a native from Peru but he speaks English really well. His name is Elder Barbosa and he is really nice. There are a whole bunch of green hill around where I live. I was assigned to the Salta Mitrie 1 area. I am going to get so fat though I swear every single person whose house we visit tries to feed me multiple plates of food. My Spanish isn't very good and about all I am good for in the lessons is talking about my self and bearing my testimony
Friday
I found out that I am in a biking area but the bikes never get used because they are literal trash. Hopefully I will be able to at least make them sort of rideable I think that is why I was sent to Salta  to fixes these awful bikes. This morning we had a service project where we helped clean a person's attic. Then I had three lessons fall through but we contacted a new investigator and she started crying while we were teaching her.
Saturday
I fixed one bike in the morning...well as good as it will get. We had weekly planning which went well. I decided that I am terrible at remembering Spanish names. I ate some more great food. The food is really good here. The people are super nice and I love it here. For example we missed the bus and it was getting late but some bus driver stopped and gave us a free ride to where we needed to go. It was new years eve and everyone started launching fireworks and we went up to our balcony and watched them all go off.
Sunday
My first time at church in Argentina and they had me talk about my self and bear my testimony. There are 2 other elders in our house named Elder Mejia and Elder Dobson. I went on splits with Elder Mejia to a members house who went to BYU Idaho and wanted to practice English with me.
Well I just have to say that I am having a wonderful experience so far. I love and miss you all and I want everyone to know that I know this church is true and that God has a plan and a purpose for everyone.
LOVE YOU MISS YOU 
Elder Black

MTC friend

MTC friend



Temple in Buenos Aires

Salta

Last plane I flew on

MTC friends

Book mark that one of the members made for me.

New Years

The other Elders I am living with.

Salta