Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 9

Hola Todos,

So I can't send photos today because my computer is being stupid but oh well I had a couple of good ones that I will have to send next week. Actually I have one but that is it. 
It has been really hot here and I just got finished with a soccer game and an asado (BBQ) fiesta with a bunch of other missionaries and youth from the ward. I also got super sun burnt so now I have really red arms. Alright now for my week
Monday
I had my strangest food today....Octopus. It actually wasn't awful it just wasn't super great. Also one of the Elders in my pension adopted a pet bird.
Tuesday
Zone Conference with Pres. Chaparo, which was alright but I didn't understand much of what was said. That took up most of the day and the mission president told me I need to teach more in my lessons.
Wednesday
We rode around a lot on bikes today. We had to fix one of them with a new rear cassette and I bought a spoke wrench cause all the wheels suck. We spent a lot of the morning looking for a new house because we have to move out and then for lunch we had one of the spiciest meals yet.
Thursday
I ate some deep fried cheese bombs called Empanandas con queso. They are freaking delicious. Another day of weekly planning, but in the night we had three really good lessons and got 3 new baptism dates.
Friday
Correlation was tonight and I think it went well but once again I didn't understand very much so we could have been getting told off and I wouldn't know. I found a simplified Hymn book which is really nice but it is in Spanish and it is hard to find the songs I want. I cooked some pancakes for some members today and they were really good especially with dulce de leche. Then we had some service afterwards and the member had a double bass that he let me play.
Saturday
We taught a new investigator that had a peacock for a pet. That was interesting. The other elders in our ward had a baptismal service that we brought an investigator to and I had to play piano for. Afterwards we went out for ice cream and I rode on the handle bars of E Mejia's bike for a while.
Sunday
I succeeded in not playing the piano because we were late to church because we were trying to pick up investigators and none of them were home which is really sad. I went on splits with E Mejia and we had one lesson with 13 niƱos which was really cool  and my companion wrecked his bike while on splits so I didn't get to see it and of course he wasn't wearing a helmet but I think he will be just fine.
Well that is it for now I love and miss everyone lots
Elder Black

The 13 ninos.